Horizontal Sections of the Adult Male
Top-to-Bottom: Mid-section of skull, section at maxilla [hard palate between sections], section below mandible
Eugène-Louis Doyen was a revolutionary (if flamboyant and controversy-loving) Parisian surgeon who lived between 1859 and 1919.
Long before the Visible Human Project created its 1,871 “slices” of Joseph Paul Jernigan at 1 mm intervals, and created over 65 gigs of anatomical data (and later created 40 gigs of data with a female cadaver), Doyen presented a new way of visualizing the cadaver: longitudinal and horizontal sections, showing exactly how the human anatomy goes together in each area, without the context of seeing the full organs or bones.
Though the full usefulness of these unorthodox sections wasn’t truly appreciated until the advent of tomography in the early 1970s, they were noted to be helpful to early radiologists, and especially to the burgeoning fields of criminal forensics and forensic archaeology.
Atlas d’anatomie topographique. Eugène-Louis Doyen. 1911.
HERE IT IS GUYS, GIVEAWAY TIME!
What the winner will win-
- 6 stoney stickers (roach jar, stoner of the year, weed fund, afroman, thank you for pot smoking, and magic herbs)
- A jar
- 6 samples of 420 wipes (spread the love not germs)
- A red GravLab steamroller
- A red mini grinder with kief catcher
- A beaded bracelet
- A rasta bracelet (made my me, chinadoll210.)
- Toke Token rolling papers
- I love nashville button! (my hometown!!!)
- A fossil pill container (but you know what to use it for ;)
- I-Tal Hempwick
- MUST BE FOLLOWING ME- Chinadoll210.tumblr.com ( I will be checking)
- If you follow me on instagram or twitter your chances will be doubled. -chinadoll210 is my username for insta and twitter.
- If you follow me then unfollow me your name will be removed form the giveaway completely.
- Reblogs only- can reblog as many times as you’d like.
- I will be using a website that takes my whole post’s notes and puts them in a random generator and will pick from reblogs.
- The contest ends October 31st (halloween)
my dog just had surgery to get a nipple removed and when she came home after the surgery she immediately walked to the window and she has been staring out of the window for like half an hour now thinking about her new life with one less nipple
when will my nipple come back from the war